The Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband Market: 2015 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts. Due to the bandwidth limitations of their traditional voice-centric LMR (Land Mobile Radio) networks, public safety agencies are keen to leverage commercial cellular network technology to support their growing broadband application needs. Considering its thriving ecosystem, spectrum flexibility and performance metrics, LTE has emerged as the leading candidate for public safety mobile broadband networks.
Standardization efforts are still underway to enhance the LTE standard for public safety requirements, including MCPTT (Mission Critical PTT) functionality, group communications and proximity services. However, this has not deterred public safety agencies from early deployments of the technology, particularly in the Middle East and Asia Pacific regions. The Qatar MOI made headlines when it deployed a private 800 MHz LTE network to complement its existing TETRA network with broadband applications. Since then, several private LTE networks have sprung up across the globe. For example, the Lijiang Police in China is utilizing a 20 site private LTE network for video surveillance and related applications.
Browse the full report of Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband Market with the full ToC: http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/the-public-safety-lte-mobile-broadband-market-21151#RequestSample
While most initial public safety LTE investments were limited to small scale networks, South Korea’s nationwide public safety LTE rollout is expected to trigger significant large-scale investments throughout the globe. Several early adopter private LTE deployments are also underway in the United States, as part of the planned FirstNet nationwide network. Europe, on the other hand, is predominantly seeing growing adoption of security hardened MVNO services that utilize commercial LTE networks to provide broadband access for public safety subscribers. However, private LTE pilots are also underway in the region, including engagements with armed forces with a major focus on transportable base station form factors, such as CIAB (Cell-in-a-Box).
Driven by the thriving ecosystem, we expect public safety LTE infrastructure investments to grow at a CAGR of nearly 40% between 2015 and 2020. By the end of 2020, infrastructure investments which include base stations (eNBs), mobile core and mobile backhaul gear will account for over $2 Billion. The market for ruggedized public safety LTE devices will also witness significant growth, with an estimated 4 Million annual device shipments in 2020.
The “Public Safety LTE & Mobile Broadband Market: 2015 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the global public safety LTE market, besides touching upon the wider LMR and mobile broadband industries. In addition to covering the business case, challenges, technology, spectrum allocation, industry roadmap, deployment case studies, vendor products, strategies, standardization initiatives and applications ecosystem for public safety LTE, the report also presents comprehensive forecasts for mobile broadband, LMR and public safety LTE subscriptions from 2015 till 2030. Also covered are public safety LTE service revenues, over both private and commercial networks. In addition, the report presents revenue and unit shipment forecasts for public safety LTE devices and infrastructure.
The report comes with an associated XLS datasheet covering quantitative data from all figures presented within the report, as well as a list and associated details of over 60 global public safety LTE network commitments (as of Q2’2015).
The report has the following key findings:
- We expect public safety LTE infrastructure investments to grow at a CAGR of nearly 40% between 2015 and 2020. By the end of 2020, infrastructure investments which include base stations (eNBs), mobile core and mobile backhaul gear will account for over $2 Billion
- The market for ruggedized public safety LTE devices will witness similar growth, with an estimated 4 Million annual device shipments in 2020
- By 2020, the installed base of private public safety LTE base stations (eNBs) will reach 150,000. By that time, transportable LTE solutions will account for close to 20% of all public safety LTE infrastructure investments
- Commercial carriers and public safety MVNOs will pocket over $8 Billion in public safety LTE service revenue by the end of 2020, following growth at a CAGR of 50% between 2015 and 2020
- Almost all major LMR industry players are leveraging partnerships with established LTE infrastructure vendors such as Nokia, Huawei, Ericsson and Alcatel-Lucent, to offer end-to-end LTE solutions
- Consolidation efforts are continuing to take place throughout the industry, particularly among the largest LTE infrastructure vendors and public safety system integrators
The report covers the following topics:
- Business case for public safety LTE and mobile broadband services, including key benefits and challenges
- Technology, economics, trends, commercial commitments and deployment case studies
- List of public safety LTE deployments worldwide
- Public safety LTE infrastructure, devices and applications
- Industry roadmap and standardization initiatives
- Spectrum allocation, deployment models and funding strategies
- Profiles and strategies of over 230 ecosystem players including public safety system integrators and LTE infrastructure/device OEMs
- TCO analysis of private and commercial public safety LTE deployments
- Military and tactical LTE deployments
- Public safety LTE base station (eNB) form factor analysis
- Exclusive interview transcripts from 6 key ecosystem players: Airbus Defence and Space, Airwave Solutions, CalAmp Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Oceus Networks and Star Solutions
- Strategic recommendations for vendors, system integrators, public safety agencies and wireless carriers
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2015 till 2030
Market Research Store
3422 SW 15 Street,
USA Tel: +1-386-310-3803 GMT
Tel: +49-322 210 92714
USA/Canada Toll Free No.1-855-465-4651