It’s the 6th day of Valentine Week—the Kiss day. On this day, you can express your passionate feelings for your partner. A kiss symbolizes the feelings of affection, respect, and love for each other. It is believed that an individual may never forget her/his first kiss—as it is one of the special moment and experience of their life. It can be either a peck on the cheek or even a French kiss. But there are few facts that you might not know about kissing. Let’s see what those facts are.
- The word kiss originated from the Old English term, “cyssan.”
- Researchers consider that kissing developed from the practice of premastication, also called as kiss-feeding, a method utilized by a mother for feeding her infant by passing chewed food to the mouth of the baby.
- As per the recent studies, 336 hours are spent kissing by an average person in a lifetime.
- According to studies, increasing incidences of kissing in any relationships may result in a decline of perceived stress, reduced levels of cholesterol, and rise in relationship fulfillment.
- Kissing causes the adrenal glands to release norepinephrine and epinephrine into the blood, thus resulting in an adrenaline rush. It has a helpful effect on the cardiovascular system as the heart pumps more rapidly.
- A passionate kiss can burn up to 2–3 calories/minute.
- A single kiss needs 146 muscles to synchronize, including 112 postural muscles and 34 facial muscles.
- Philematology is a field of science wherein researchers study kissing.
Do you know any more facts about kissing? Then do share them with us. Happy Kiss Day..!!!